Tuesday 14 September 2010

Coming along nicely...

Originally posted 9th March 2010.


Busy few weeks at the house, fortunatly not a lot of surf to distract (though looked pretty sweet on the push earlier). The smiley face is by my daughter, she helped me unload some timber on Saturday and whilst I was stacking the wood she came up with this little thing. Its cute and it does sum up the last weeks or so.
Finally I think we're through the destructive phase and are now putting the house back together as it should look and feel.
Consequently there is a lot of woodwork to replace, renovate and restore. It still amazes me that all the lovely original interior timber was coverted up (but then i guess that was the style in the 60's, even the old pine doors were covered), it was a good day when we discovered that little treat hidden behind some dull board.
Now that I've put in the new ceiling in the back bedroom I can move into the small bedroom and living room and begin work on those. There is some cladding missing but hopefully I have found a local woodyard who can replicate it at a sensible price. But first I've got to set to on a hearth for the stove because the flue for the woodburner is due to be installed in the next two weeks, and the first time of lighting that and sitting back with a cuppa I really cannot wait for

No comments:

Post a Comment